Skip to content

Thursday March 10th “Three Weeks”

by on March 10, 2011

Today was a very stressful day for me but I now know that I was just being a dope.  I thought today was the “three weeks” deadline that Satomi had mentioned before.

See my “Emotional Plea post from 2/28/11 and Defense Mechanism post from 2/23/11 if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

I obviously cannot read a calendar.  The actual “three weeks” deadline is next Wednesday March 16th.  I’ll worry then.  Remember:  One Day at a Time!

As Thursdays go, it started off well.  The street sweeper arrived 30-minutes early so there was plenty of parking for the crowd of visitors today.  Cancer Group Tina, Acupuncture Tina, Irene, Brenda, Brenda’s daughter, and Brenda’s grandson.  How all of them fit in that itsy-bitsy room is beyond me.  It sure seemed like they were having a good time.  I avoided the estrogen and sat in my room and tried to work.  Satomi was groggy and her response was minimal.

After most of them left, it was a chance for Satomi to sleep.  Her temperature got a bit elevated so we just covered her with a sheet.

I took the opportunity to dig out our wedding albums.  I had forgotten that we had three of them:  main wedding and reception photos, black and white reception candids, and an album for our dinner reception in Hawaii.  I sat with Kandice and Jillian and showed them how pretty Mommy looked.  Jillian kept asking why they weren’t in the picture and who that strange man was standing next to their Auntie.  I explained that they weren’t born yet and that strange man was her Auntie’s first husband.  I just know there’s going to be more questions about the ex-husband thing in the future.  Kandice just wanted to see the pictures with Satomi and I kissing.  Giggle, giggle, giggle.

During my excavation for the wedding albums, I also found several boxes full of Satomi’s childhood photos.  There’s a lot so it’ll take a while before I can sort, scan, and post them.

Throughout the day she drank about 6 ounces of water and juice and didn’t eat much of anything.  I was surprised that her pee output seemed a bit elevated.  The Poo monster tried to attack but it was such a pitiful attempt, I just laughed and quickly tidied it up.

A few minutes prior to getting her bedtime meds, she seemed to finally wake up.  She responded to my waves and stupid gestures.  She actually blew kisses back at me.  It’s been nearly a week since I got a response like that.  I was so happy even if it was for only that short time.

After getting her meds, she quickly went right back to sleep.

From → Daily Life

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: